Saturday, July 26, 2008

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars
I saw this on July 26th at the drive-in in Luneburg/Fitchburg Massachusetts

The writing of this movie was pretty bad. The dialogue was stilted and irritating and the whole movie pretty much spits in the face of science. It was fairly exciting though and the visuals were pretty neat (even if they didn't really look that believable who doesn't like glowing birds and sea monsters?)

Most of the excitement and interesting pieces came from Verne. The execution and narrative thread really weren't compelling or well done at all.

Probably not worth seeing but it was ok.

I missed my chance to see 'The Visitor' at Coolidge Corner but I still hope to see 'The Wackness' and the Roman Polanski movie this week.

2 comments:

Allison C. said...

WHAT ABOUT THE FALL?!?!?! I refuse to read/comment on anything else you have written here until you watch it or (if it's no longer showing) promise to rent it when it's on DVD. Hmph.

Tommy Long said...

It isn't in any theaters in Boston anymore but I promise I will see it when it comes to DVD